Saturday, July 3, 2010

Declaring Independence from Traffic Woes

It’s obligatory for bloggers and editorial writers on Independence Day weekend to find a way – usually a tortured way – to tie their favorite theme to the national theme of freedom. We’re up for that.

We’ve often used “independence from traffic congestion” to describe what Honolulu rail will mean for commuters who choose to ride the city’s future train.

It’s also obligatory for rail supporters to hammer away at this theme – freedom from morning and evening traffic woes that can destroy the spirit of all those stuck in congestion that’s bound to grow with increases in population and the number of vehicles in the morning and evening commutes all over this land.

....morning and evening...... hmmmmmm…….

If I had a hammer
I’d hammer in the morning
I’d hammer in the evening
All over this land
I’d hammer out traffic
I’d hammer congestion
I’d build out the trains between my office and my family
All over this land……

No comments: